Although common wisdom holds that you should never have a facial right before a major event, HydraFacial MD is a true game-changer. It utilizes completely different technology to provide red carpet results in just 30 to 45 minutes without skin damage. A handheld suction tool provides gentle massage as it simultaneously removes impurities and infuses your skin with healing serums. Here is what you can expect.
The first step is exfoliation. With a gentle “spinning toothbrush” effect, the HydraFacial tool will wipe away dirt, debris, and dead skin cells to reveal healthier, brighter skin.
Next, the HydraFacial tool will apply a nutrient-rich solution containing mild acids to simultaneously hydrate your skin and provide all the benefits of a chemical peel. You will feel only the faintest tingle as impurities deep within the skin are removed and the skin is rejuvenated. This gentle combination of products avoids the scaling and blistering that are common with traditional chemical peels.
Next, a nozzle with a rapidly circulating liquid solution is applied to your skin to vacuum out blackheads, whiteheads, and other stubborn blemishes. The technology is much less harsh than traditional manual extraction.
Finally, a special blend of hydrating serums, customized to your unique needs, is infused into your skin. We can target your specific concerns, such as wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, sun damage, skin sensitivity, and more.
- Stop using harsh skin products or topical medications 48 hours before your HydraFacial
- If shaving is part of your routine, shave at least 4 hours prior to your HydraFacial
- Wait 5 days after receiving BOTOX or 2 weeks after other cosmetic injections
- Wait one month after any facial laser treatment
- If you are on Accutane, wait one full year after your last dose
HydraFacial is often referred to as the Red Carpet Facial or Hollywood Facial, as most people experience healthy, glowing skin right away. Occasionally, though, it could cause slight irritation for the first 24 hours. Follow these guidelines for proper aftercare:
- Avoid heat, including intense workouts, for 24 hours
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 48 hours
- Wait 24 hours before having any injectable treatments, and 48 hours before resuming topical medications or harsh skincare products
HydraFacial is an excellent way to prepare your skin for injections or facial surgery, as it provides a clean, healthy foundation from which to begin.
Ready to Get Started?
If you are ready for a new, fully integrated approach to health and wellness, contact CORE Medical & Wellness today at 888-521-0688 to learn more or schedule your appointment!